Pulling for Bats: Conservation Volunteer Day
October 22 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
To kick-off International Bat Week, join us for “Pulling for Bats,” where you can learn about bat conservation and habitat restoration, meet live bats, and help remove invasive plants that crowd out beneficial native species that are necessary for pollinators (aka bat food!). Saturday, October 22nd from 10am-12pm in Munsee Woods near Muncie, IN.
- What to wear: Please wear long sleeves, pants, and sturdy closed-toed shoes. Hats are recommended.
- What to bring: Bring plenty of water to stay hydrated. If you have work gloves and loppers, we suggest you bring them. If not, loppers and disposable gloves will be provided.
- Directions & Parking: Munsee woods is located at 5701 S 475 E Muncie, Indiana 47302. Turn off County Road S 475 E onto a gravel road and drive half a mile until the road dead-ends in a grassy parking lot.
- Age requirements: This is a family-friendly volunteer event! Families should be prepared to walk through dense vegetation. All volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- COVID-19: This event is entirely outdoors. Red-tail follows current CDC guidelines in regards to the preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Because of space limitations in the parking area, registration is required. Please let us know you are coming! If you represent a group, the registration form has a space to note how many people will attend.