- This event has passed.
October Big Day Hikes with ILPA **Registration Full**
October 8, 2022 @ 5:00 am - 7:30 am
It’s October Big Day and we want YOU to join us on a birding hike! In partnership with the Indiana Land Protection Alliance, Indiana Audubon Society is hosting free guided bird walks across the state at properties that are owned by Indiana land trusts. As a member of ILPA, Red-tail is one of the host sites. Explore a new hotspot near you while birding and contributing to citizen science!
**All hikes begin at 9am in their location’s time zone!**
Take part in a bird walk at one of these participating properties:
- Amber Flatwoods (Michigan City) – Guide: Cookie Ferguson
- Atherton Island Natural Area (Clinton) – Guide: Marty Jones
- Beanblossom Bottoms Nature Preserve (Ellettsville) – Guide: Cathy Meyer
- Clear Lake Nature Preserve & Brennan Woods (Clear Lake) – Guide: Fred Wooley
- Eagle Marsh (Fort Wayne) – Guide: Lorenzo Kleine
- Hilltop Farm Nature Preserve (West Harrison) – Guide: TBA
- LC Nature Park (Fort Wayne) – Guides: Ed & Cynthia Powers
- Lydick Bog (South Bend) – Guide: Kristen Sweinhart
- Red-tail’s McVey Memorial Forest (Farmland) – Guide: TBA
- Oliver’s Woods (Indianapolis) – Guide: Tina Rosier
- Oxbow Nature Conservancy (Lawrenceburg) – Guide: Jay Stenger
- Sargent Road Nature Park (Indianapolis) – Guide: Wes Homoya
- Seidner Dune & Swale (Hammond) – Guide: Matt Kalwasinski
- Shawnee Karst Preserve (Mitchell) – Guide: David Rupp
- Wing Haven (Angola) – Guide: Annie Aguirre
**Please purchase your ticket based on property location and city**
Hike is limited to 15 participants.
Learn more and register at https://indianaaudubon.org/event/october-big-day-hikes-with-ilpa/