Indiana Humanities Campfire: featuring Kelsey Timmerman
May 20 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Indiana Humanities’ Campfires pair nature and literature to spark conversations about Indiana’s future. Each Campfires trek is co-led by a humanities scholar and a naturalist. Along the way, we’ll stop to read short writings by nature writers. Each trek concludes with a shared meal and discussion around a campfire.
We will see you at Munsee Woods on Saturday, May 20 from 6pm-8pm where we will explore a half-mile natural trail, enjoying colorful wildflowers along the way. During this exploration, New York Times bestselling author Kelsey Timmerman will be pulling on his numerous experiences writing titles about food pathways, the outdoors, and adventure.
Your ticket price of $20 includes a campfire meal, Upland Brewing Co. beers, and snacks for the trail in addition to any entrance or rental fees associated with the trek. This is a 21+ event.
Tickets must be purchased in advance. To purchase your ticket, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/campfires-munsee-woods-muncie-tickets-539396749197.
Other notes from Indiana Humanities:
- A limited number of free tickets are available based on need, please contact Sam Opsahl at email@example.com.
- Depending on weather, some trails may be wet, so wear shoes that can handle the mud!
- Please bring a reuseable water bottle to take with you on the outing.
- We will send a final confirmation two days before the event with driving and parking instructions and any other updates.
- In case of inclement weather, Indiana Humanities will cancel the event and alert you via email at least two hours prior to event start time. If the event is cancelled, you will be offered a ticket to another Campfires event of your choice.
- This event is designed only guests 21 and over. Upland Brewing Co. beer will be available to all attendees.
- Refunds are not available after 72 hours in advance.
Indiana Humanities’ Campfires pair nature and literature to spark conversations about Indiana’s future. This year’s series is made possible by generous funding from the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust; we are proud to be a part of a consortium of Central Indiana organizations helping Hoosiers to access and appreciate the White River. www.IndianaHumanities.org/Campfires
ABOUT INDIANA HUMANITIES
Indiana Humanities connects people, opens minds and enriches lives by creating and facilitating programs that encourage Hoosiers to think, read and talk. www.IndianaHumanities.org